Nagare Tutorial, learning concepts¶
This tutorial will guide you through the basics of Nagare applications.
We will assume that you already have installed Nagare. To check if Nagare is properly installed, you can run the Python interactive interpreter and type:
>>> import nagare
If any error occurs see Nagare installation.
Part 1. Create an application¶
- When installed, Nagare comes with one application, called
admin. You can see it by running the following command:
$ nagare-admin serve Available applications: - admin
- Move to a working directory and ask Nagare to create your application skeleton:
$ cd /tmp $ nagare-admin create-app tutorial Application 'tutorial' created. Note: 1. Edit the file 'tutorial/setup.py' to set the informations about your new application. 2. Register your application with: - cd "tutorial" - "<NAGARE_HOME>/bin/python" setup.py develop
- To add your application to the known applications, you have to register it:
$ cd tutorial $ python setup.py develop ... Finished processing dependencies for tutorial==0.0.1
- Now the application can be served:
$ nagare-admin serve Available applications: - admin - tutorial
- Launch your application in
reloadmode, this way any modification made to your files will automatically restart your application.
$ nagare-admin serve --reload tutorial Application 'app tutorial' registered as '/tutorial' 02/28/11 11:33:04 - serving on http://127.0.0.1:8080
- Open you webbrowser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/tutorial, you should see the default application screen.